Electrum suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Desktop Support Technician to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Keeping our computer systems running smoothly and ensuring our people get the maximum benefit from them
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications
- Talking to staff and customers through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems and resolve issues
- Troubleshooting system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware and software faults
- Replacing parts when required, replenishing consumables and maintaining an inventory
- Providing support, including processing documentation and relevant reporting
- Setting up new accounts and profiles and helping with password issues
- Prioritising and managing our open cases
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- 2 – 3 years of experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with Mac OS/Linux environments.
- Hands-on experience working with:
- MacBooks and general hardware.
- Network security.
- Anti-virus programs.
- Experience being the custodian for internal IT support.
- Experience working with customers in a customer support role that includes:
- Remote troubleshooting to customers.
- Working within with SLAs.
Increase your chances by having:
- A BSc in Computer Science/Information Systems or BTech/MTech in Information technology.
- Accredited IT course that addresses Linux (e.g. A+), networking, programming or any course relevant to the role.
- Experience working with servers.
- Passion for tech and the ability to brainstorm and implement innovative/creative solutions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Kindly visit Electrum on apply.workable.com South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!