Absa invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Data Scientist (Home Loans) to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Participate in design thinking processes to determine & confirm hypotheses and priority questions / data challenges & related metrics to be solved for
- Translate business questions to be solved into data requirements & define data solutions to deliver against these requirements
- Query the relevant database to obtain data and create fit for purpose datasets, using the relevant tools – SQL, SAS, Hadoop
- Use advanced data science skills to build solutions that leverage the best suited analytical techniques. These include but are not limited to: advanced statistics, machine learning and deep learning.
- Produce business insights and recommendations based on data analysis & modeling concluded & where relevant with knowledge and experience of e.g. SAS, Python, R.
- Use storytelling and data visualization techniques to maximize impact & deliver a user friendly product to business
- Contribute to the consolidation of data solutions into viable end products (in the language of business) that can be leveraged on an ongoing basis e.g. dashboards, reports etc.
- Present data analysis (trends, insights, forecasts) & findings to business & show tangible business impact to be derived from the data science process
- Promote data literacy with your business stakeholders by sharing best practices and showing tangible business impact & recommendations as a direct result of the data solutions provided
- Stay ahead of the curve on data science and analytics trends & leading practice data tools and techniques & transition the organization to advanced methods for the continuous optimization of data
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Bachelor (Honours) degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics
- At least 5 years’ postgraduate work experience in an analytics or data science role
- Expert knowledge of advanced analytics tool: Python, R, Apache Spark
- Expert knowledge of a data query tool: SQL, SAS
- Expert knowledge of a visualization tool: PowerBI, Tableau, Quicksight
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit Absa on absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!