Santam Insurance suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Commercial Underwriter to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- The handling of escalations outside of binding authority, including technical and complex queries.
- Managing profitability through the application of effective policy screening actions on policy and portfolio levels
- The initiation, provision and implementation of renewal terms and conditions on identified high risk and high exposure policies.
- Effective underwriting of complex risks.
- Identifying re-insurance and taking appropriate action.
- Providing quality and correct feedback on high level technical queries.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- RE accreditation
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- FAIS compliance – 60 credits on NQF level 4
Experience and Knowledge
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Minimum of 5 years Commercial lines experience in a risk management environment
- Santam Underwriting level 4 (Applicable to Santam Internal Candidates)
- Commercial Lines product knowledge on Santam Underwriting
- Ability to apply and implement policy screening processes
- Understanding of Risk management and the ability to apply risk mitigation
Experience in dealing with:
- Asset All Risk
- Motor Traders
- High value risks
- Computer literacy (Ability to record, analyze and present data in Excel)
- Relevant system knowledge: Persetel & Web-E
- Delivery and results orientation
- Attention to detail – strong analytic skills required to identify and mitigate risk
- Problem solving
- Producing creative solutions
- Adapting to changing circumstances
- Performing under pressure
- Deciding & initiating action
- Building networks and good relations
- Negotiating and getting agreement
- Building networks and ability to maintain relationships
- Goal setting and prioritising
- Communication skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit careers.sanlamcloud.co.za South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!