PAREXEL suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position Clinical Data Engineer II (South Africa) to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
Manage electronic Data & Technology
- Lead and implement the setup of Data Receipt Agreements with vendors by working with cross functional teams.
- Programming and setup of Import procedures to allow the ingestion of data either using SAS or alternative technology (e.g. “Workbench”).
- Programming of reconciliation checks to ensure appropriate transfer of data.
- Programming of offline listings and custom reports to allow better insights to all external data.
- Aggrege data across all sources.
- Handling Missing Values, reading raw data files, creating data structures, handling programming errors, accessing, and managing data, appending and concatenating SAS datasets.
- Review of data using created outputs with aim of providing insights to study teams and clients.
- Coordinate and lead a programming team to successful completion of a study within given timelines and budget.
- Manage the deployment of the DM technology used for creation of offline listings (e.g. Workbench, SAS or R).
- Assist in providing technical solutions to internal or external/client enquires.
- Ensure adherence to service levels agreements with regard to the turnaround time from the point when specifications are finalized.
- Participate in the creation of standards, either through tools (e.g. SAS Macros), libraries or processes, as required for GDO to ensure efficient, effective and optimal processes.
- Develop, improve and implement project specific tools, including, but not limited to standard project directories and subdirectories, document file names and status reports that result in improved efficiencies.
- Act as a mentor and/or SME.
- Provide relevant training and mentorship to staff and project teams as appropriate.
- Assist in providing technical solutions to internal or external client enquires.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Point of contact for clients and within Parexel for electronic data specific matters.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in clinical research industry or similar field is required.
- SQL experience.
- Experience in ETL Programming environment (e.g. Oracle Workbench, Elluminate, SAS, Python, etc.).
- Knowledge of SOPs/Guidelines/Work Instructions/System Life Cycle methodologies, ICHGCP and any other applicable local and international regulations such as 21 CFR Part 11 and proven practical application.
- Written and oral fluency in English.
- Strong ability to lead and collaborate with global teams and work independently. Motivate/guide virtual teams across multiple time zones and cultures to work effectively.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills using concise phrasing tailored for the audience with a diplomatic approach.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning; ability to adjust rapidly to changing environments.
- Customer focus to interact professionally and respectfully within Parexel and all external colleagues to build rapport and trust.
- Proficient presentation skills.
- Good business awareness/business development skills (including financial awareness).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Kindly visit jobs.parexel.com South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!