Santam Insurance suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Claims Service Consultant to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Providing advice on lodging a claim and the processes involved.
- Processing new insurance claims notifications.
- Collecting accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim.
- Providing guidance to brokers /policyholders on how to proceed with the claim.
- Contacting suppliers from a network of approved professionals and arranging for them to
- repair/replace policyholder’s property.
- Monitoring the progress of a claim.
- Identify and notify management of potentially fraudulent claims.
- Negotiating claim settlements and ensure fair settlement of a valid claim.
- Build relationships with loss adjusters, brokers, suppliers and other legal/claims professionals.
- Involvement in loss adjusting activities and in legal discussions relating to settlement and inform the Recoveries Department of possible legal recovery of monies paid out.
- Liaise with brokers, administrators, underwriting and other relevant parties to the claims process, building a strong and effective professional relationship.
- Handling and resolving complaints and difficult claims.
- Acting at all times in the best interests of the Company, and within the framework of the FAIS Act 37 of2005.
- Ensuring that your qualifications are kept current in terms of the FAIS Continuous Professional Development framework.
- Acting at all times within the framework of the FSB Treating Customers Fairly Policy
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Minimum of 5 years within the claims environment
- Minimum of 60 FAIS Credits
Knowledge and Skills
- Claims administration
- Claims settlements of a complex nature
- Payment approval and rejections
- Operate within claims guidelines and compliance
- Coach and mentor less experienced short term claims clerks
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit careers.sanlamcloud.co.za South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!