Sappi suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Business Process Engineer to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
Drive the process of defining business requirements for new IT solutions
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business area’s short, medium and long term objectives and its current business processes.
- Review current state processes and identify problem areas, inefficiencies and control weaknesses. Proactively identify improvement opportunities.
- Educate/support business colleagues on current and future system capabilities/system solutions.
- Provide specific business area subject matter input and facilitate the development of business requirements for new or improved business and system processes.
- Evaluate requirements against the business objectives.
- Develop the business case that reflects the value and cost of the changes.
- Evaluate and develop solution options for business.
- Develop detailed business process flows and include how technology solutions will enable the business processes.
- Analyse the proposed changes against existing processes to determine the change impact.
- Recommend solution alternatives to business owners.
- Drive the development of a specific area’s functional specifications (business controls, system functions, information flows, system controls). Document business rules, the data dictionary/glossary and data models as applicable.
- Use Sappi standards for business process and system notation as well as data definitions. Ensure that functional specifications are detailed enough to enable technical design.
- Develop the transition plans.
- Assist in the identification of risks and issues related to business requirements or the solution design.
Support delivery and implementation
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Provide input into system configuration activities by collaborating with IT and solutions partners.
- Analyse the impact of requirement or scope changes and make recommendations to the business owners on how to mitigate them.
- Contribute to the development of the system testing approach, test cases, test data and testing scenarios (including regression and negative testing).
- Participate in user acceptance testing. Provide detailed feedback on whether the developed solution meets the documented business requirements.
- Provide regular updates and reports to business owners.
- Assist with the deployment of a structured change plan including stakeholder updates, communication, training and training manuals.
- Review problem logs and identify the root causes of repetitive business issues.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Relevant Bachelors’ Degree
- Honours Degree in Finance
- 5 or more years relevant Business Process Engineer experience
- Understanding the accounting impact of system changes
- SAP system certification preferred
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit career2.successfactors.eu Africa South
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!