Ongoing Job Vacancy at Allan Gray Proprietary Limited for the position of Backend Developer for immediate employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Analyse and design new features
- Write elegant robust code
- Write unit, integration and acceptance tests for all components
- Write build and deployment automation scripts
- Improve and optimize the performance of existing systems
- Troubleshoot and root-cause errors
- Mentor other developers
- Deliver features timeously
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Proficiency in modern microservices programming language such as Go, Scala, Java or Python.
- Proficiency in a database technology such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL and Object-relational mapping
- Since we are a multi-technology environment, knowledge of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms are a necessity
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing
- Strong software design skills
- Experience in distributed computing and building enterprise-wide systems
- At least 3 years’ worth of professional development experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Proficiency in message queueing technology such as RabbitMQ
- Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices knowledge/experience
- Functional programming knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types and deal with conflict in an effective way
- Ability to work individually and with teams within an Agile context
- Experience in influencing best practices within teams
- Tertiary Qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related technical discipline
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit career2.successfactors.eu Africa South
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!