Ongoing Job Vacancy at Unilever for the position of Assisting Learning Manager for immediate employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Manages the implementation of the learning and capability building plans for teams and individuals
- Ensure a learning strategy for inland factory and its implementation
- Managers Learning coordinators to ensure implementation of upskilling and compliance trainings
- Works with managers and staff to ensure that they understand the learning and capability plans
- Provides insight on prioritization of learning and capability needs to improve performance
- Facilitates internal learning events and workshops, delivering content as appropriate
- Engages with managers and employees to ensure that the organisation complies always with relevant training legislations
- Leads and facilitate internal meetings with trade unions and ensure skills development compliance
- Supports all WCM Pillar Leaders to roll out existing programmes to the business and manage changes to ongoing programmes
- Works with managers to ascertain and develop skills needs to drive high performance culture.
- Networks with Expertise team (SC Academy) and externally to understand current learning trends and innovations to improve capability plans
- Keeps up to date with legislative changes and trains and coaches’ managers, training committee members and other site learning coordinators to ensure policies are followed and risks identified. •Uses innovative technology in the capability development plans and implementation
- Ensures site WSP/ATR compliance and accurate submission
- Management of DG grants and recruitment and management for all programmes such as Learnerships, apprenticeship and inservice trainee programmes in line with future needs.
- Build the relationship with the relevant SETA and ensure site accreditation for learning programmes.
- Coordination of overall site training and development strategy for the sourcing unit
- Provide strong support & lead for People Development pillar
- Lead and provide guidance to the Learning Coordinator
- Ensures compliance of and aligns site training strategy to the overall Manufacturing skills strategy and WCM programme (R2S).
- Monitor’s progress of training implementation against site strategy.
- Implementation and maintenance of DFOS (Digital Factory Operating System) and Buildapp to drive digital skills agenda.
- Reports on all training activities for the site
- Establishes and maintains a central interface between all key sub functions e.g., WCM, SHE, Q, Engineering, Operations, HR, Finance
- Ensures compliance of use of accredited training vendors to maintain consistency and quality in delivery of training
- Manages training budget
- Ensures BBBEE compliance
- Ensures training committees are entrenched and active
- Manages learnerships on site
- Internal stakeholders- Production departments, WCM, SHE, Q, Engineering, Corporate –nature of contact involves information sharing and advice
- External Stakeholders-: Vendors and SETA’s
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Chemical/Industrial Engineering/ Learning highly preferred OR Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering OR N6/ S4 in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Instrumentation OR equivalent
- 3years working experience in Factory Training in a Technical/ FMCG/ Manufacturing environment
Skills Development Facilitator –SDF with strong Skills Assessments experience (or willing to study towards)
- Manex/ WCM/TPM/ Lean Manufacturing/ Continuous Improvement and pillar lead experience preferred
- Must have solid experience identifying and implementing training programs. Must have a wealth of experience with identifying training gaps and demonstrate how these gaps were closed
- Must be proficient with leading training agendas and leading Learnerships/ SETA programs
- Must have proven track record on the impact of focused Programme and Development –use of training methodologies i.e., how this has improved productivity
- Must have experience with SETA Grant Applications
- Must have experience with starting up and implementing a Training/ Learning and Development systems, ability to generate reports, and build a plug-in exercise accessible across the business•*Must have depth across Training Analysis
- Strong understanding of Unions (Unionised environment) Beneficial
- Understanding of SAQA, NQF’s, SETA’s
- Expert knowledge of Learnerships/ Apprenticeships
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit careers.unilever.com South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!