Sasol suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position Area Manager Mechanical (110361) to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Ensure equipment availability to meet the production plan
- Establish and report on agreed performance criteria.
- Ensures that self and team meet targets, due dates and quality standards.
- Ensure financial discipline and governance in the department. Continuously optimize maintenance activities.
- Ensure equipment availability agreed upon supports the production plan.
- Compile annual maintenance budget. Compile annual long-term maintenance budget. Control cost to ensure the maintenance budget is achieved within budget.
- Manage operations risks by making sure that all hazards are identified, analysed and mitigated to acceptable levels.
- Manage, revise and improvement of Asset Management standards for maintenance.
- Manage asset life cycle and plans.
- Maintain assets within agreed operations envelope conditions and set standards.
- Input into 5 year rolling capital plan.
- Liaison with technology license holder.
- Identification of technical problems/opportunities.
- Benchmarking for optimal solutions and practices.
- Participating in plant design for maintainability and operability and excepting equipment after installation.
- Effective Shut down management.
- Management of standards and procedures.
- Translate and cascade operational goals and long-term plans through effective two-way communication in the organisation.
- Demonstrate One Sasol behaviour – ensure area under control is managed to the benefit to the larger Sasol value chain.
- Manage multi-level interfaces and integrate effectively.
- Interact with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage operations knowledge by transforming, packaging, transferring and maintaining operations knowledge.
- Ensure development of team to deliver a high quality maintenance service.
- Effective leadership to ensure team engagement to meet targets.
- Lead in continuous performance improvements within his/hers areas of responsibilities, including Health Safety and Environment
- Ensure that vision, values and business direction are embraced by the team.
- Review performance regularly and give recognition where it is due and deal with performance issues
- Ensure proper talent management in area of responsibility. Ensure that self and team achieve development objectives.
- Communicate and execute change and improvement effectively. Capacity building within the mechanical maintenance team.
- Ensure that the general maintenance plan fits into the production plan. Develop annual work and project plans
- Review/ Implement maintenance plans on non-statutory equipment. Ensure that plans are executed and team objectives are achieved consistently in a safe work environment.
- Build effective working relationships with mangers, peers, team members, customers and suppliers.
- Understand customer needs and suppliers contributions to drive operational results in the best interest of the company.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- B.Eng /B.Sc. Eng. /B.Sc. (Hons)/B.Sc./B. Tech (Eng.) (must)
- 6 – 11 years relevant experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit career5.successfactors.eu South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!